Your Toronto Blue Jays (Part 2)




My new favourite player ... the fabulous "Ace"

How does Sunday's Blue Jay clubhouse champagne celebration look now?

At the time, I said it was "nonsense".

I was wrong. With today's super quick departure as a playoff contender, I can now say that the celebration was embarrassing nonsense.

Last June ... at the beginning of this season, I included the following comment in an essay about the expectations for the 2023 version of the Jays:

"By the end of May, the Jays had already been crushed by the Yankees, rolled over by the Orioles and clobbered by the league-leading Tampa Bay Rays. On the last day of the month, they'd limped and crawled to second last place - 10 games out of first place. That's a disaster in the high-octane AL East division".

"Everything you need to know about a team is in the standings"! 

There are a lot of reasons that this year's team wasn't as good as last year's team. You have your reasons and I have mine ... and, we're both right. 

But, If I hear one more announcer claim that Guerrero Jr. is a superstar, I will create a petition to have that person fired.

For 2024, the team needs to be blown up. And, would somebody please make sure that Sha Pie Rowe is part of the explosion? 


Comments